Expert Drilling Inspections Worldwide
QA/QC Inspection Services for Inspection
Third-party quality control inspection of fabrication for Welding and NDT, also as well as inspection of bolting and painting of structural steel and piping. DIIS provides Quality Control (QA/QC) inspectors who are qualified inspectors (e.g., CWI & NDT). QA/QC inspectors perform fabrication inspection and verification of the manufacturing process. Inspectors conduct visual inspections of material for conformance with the approved specifications, plans and codes, as well as verification of Certified Material Test Reports (CMTR) for materials used. Materials and components are observed at key points during the manufacturing process in fabrication facilities. DIIS AWS or CSWIP certified welding inspectors also witness welder and welding procedure qualification tests as applicable to the scope of the project. Typical duties for in-process fabrication inspection includes- visual observations, monitoring of processes, verifying fit-up and assembly, dimensional accuracy, Hydro Testing, Factory Acceptance Testing and product completion (Including preservation prior to shipping).
Third Party Inspection
- Ensuring Quality of Products.
- Detecting deviations from specification as early as possible in the manufacturing process
- Monitor compliance with standards, procedures and specifications.
- Provide weekly reporting, and ensure Ares of Concern are brought to the clients attention.
- Supplying qualified and competent inspectors, with past experience in fabrication.
- Verify Vendors are in compliance with their Quality Management System.
- Document review of Quality Plans, ITP’s, Shop Routers, WPS, PQR, NDT procedures.
- Welding surveillance/monitoring.
- NDT witness, and confirm Vendors NDT procedures are performed to approve NDT Level III operating procedure.
- Receiving, in process and Final Visual inspection, Sampling, Dimensional and Coating.
- Document review of Data Books for accuracy, and ensure Vendor Certificate of Conformity (CoC) and Class CoC or Product Certificated (PC) is included.
During the selection and hiring process, DIIS assesses past training and experience, and current certification and competence of each candidate in order to determine their ability prior to placing the inspector on an assignment. On at least an annual basis each inspector is assessed to determine if further training is needed to meet job specific needs and/or achieve or maintain certifications such as CSWIP, SNT-TC-1A Level II and NACE. In addition DIIS requires inspectors to take the API Source Inspection certification examination. Inspectors also need to be conversant with the following standards API RP 2A, API 6A, API 16A, API 16D, API 16F, API 16R, API 16Q, API RP 53, ASME IX, V, B31.1, B31.3, ABS CDS and DNV-OS-E101.